A water main break caused this basement in Great Falls, Mt to flood. This before picture shows the mess left behind after all water had receded.
SERVPRO of Helena & Great Falls was called in to clean up the aftermath! The owner was thrilled she said "This basement never looked this good in the 24 years I've owned this Property".
The following is what happens when water is left or not noticed:
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.