Keeping a clean HVAC system reduces the chance for mold to grow
Mold in HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) systems can cause serious health problems. When the furnace or air conditioner is turned on, microscopic mold spores can blow out of the air ducts and circulate through the air, where they are easily inhaled.
Keeping your Ducting and the Intake clean is vital to reducing the amount of contamination your HVAC system has.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Helena & Great Falls specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.