Carefully Addressing Mold Damage Threats in Helena Properties
Mold Damage Cleanup and Restoration with SERVPRO in Helena Gets Results
Along with the water or moisture issues that brought it on, black mold can significantly impact your Helena property. Once you suspect mildew and mold development, it requires various actions, including remediation with detailed cleaning and repair. The threat to your property worsens the longer that possible microbial threats are unresolved, leading to the potential for costly secondary damage. The good news for area homeowners and businesses is that SERVPRO is available with a whole team of experienced mold remediation technicians that work to clean up the damage and mitigate loss. Once we get finished, your property will receive the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned seal of approval.
Why Call on SERVPRO with Suspected Mold Damage?
It is not usually not easy to recognize mold issues within your home or business. Should you suspect mold damage in Helena, it is recommended to call in the help of skilled professionals to begin the assessment and cleanup. SERVPRO understands the power of an active mold colony, and we have the best tools, methods, and IICRC-certified technicians to handle your project. In the meantime, the following things that you can look for that may be telling you mildew or black mold is present:
- Visible Patches – Carpeting, drywall, ceilings, and cabinet interiors may show visible signs of mold colonization. Mold comes in many forms, including black spots, fuzzy gray patches, or pink and green mold (often found in bathrooms near showers and tubs).
- Dampened Surfaces – Any surfaces located in areas of your home with excessive humidity or stay wet to the touch are prone to microbial growth.
- Musty Odors – The primary indicator that mold is developing will be musty, foul odors in certain areas of your home. This may include closets, kitchen or bathroom cabinetry where plumbing is located - around tubs, showers, toilets, etc.
Why Does Mold Damage Cause Destruction in My Home?
Many homeowners remain unaware that mold is developing until it has already taken hold. All mold needs the proper temperatures, humidity levels, and organic food sources to survive and thrive. Because some optimum food sources include drywall and wood particles, it can lead to substantial damage to your interior and even structural elements if not controlled.
SERVPRO Has Proven, Efficient, And Safe Mold Remediation Solutions
We arrive on your property to begin an assessment, mitigation, and cleanup. Containment barriers get put into place using poly sheeting and negative air pressure. This gets done to keep spores from traveling into unaffected areas of your home during mold cleanup. We also have to address mold spores on a surface level, including options such as:
- Surface cleaning – We have sporicidal solutions and chlorine products to help address active mold threats.
- Abrasive cleaning – In some instances, we have other mediums such as soda blasting to help remove surface mold without causing damage to the building materials.
- Mechanical actions – Our technicians may use sanding methods to remove a small surface layer from wood framing, often eliminating the need for removal and reconstruction.
- Controlled demolition – With the help of trusted area contractors, building materials deemed unsalvageable due to mold infestation get removed and replaced with all-new materials. In some instances, partial removal of drywall, flooring, carpeting, and other materials can help to lower your mold remediation costs.
We are Here for Both Residential and Commercial Mold Remediation Efforts
With our ability to scale to meet the needs of each customer, SERVPRO is there for small household mold infestations or more significant commercial properties. We get to work quickly to return your property to pre-mold condition, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Helena & Great Falls is here whenever you have issues with mold damage. We get there quickly and work safely and efficiently to