Mold Removal and Remediation in Helena Buildings
SERVPRO Provides Excellent Mold Remediation
Many Helena consumers and building owners are surprised to encounter mold in their buildings with the prevailing dry environment. They do not realize that mold spores are virtually everywhere. We bring mold spores into our buildings on air currents, attached to our clothes, and on our pets. Mold colonies thrive wherever there is organic material and moisture. Our homes and office buildings provide many opportunities for mold growth. Our facilities are filled with organic materials and high humidity from showering, cooking, and water leaks around windows and condensation on plumbing. Mold removal and preserving almost mold-free conditions can be challenging.
SERVPRO assists our clients with mold removal in Helena and maintaining a safe environment. Our technicians are thoroughly trained (IICRC-certified) in identifying mold infestations and removing mold-contaminated materials. We suggest that you call us and never use bleach to remove mold spots. The added moisture can induce further growth.
Mold Cleanup Processes Depend on the Extent of Contamination
- Isolation of the contaminated area from the rest of the building
- Controlled Demolition of contaminated materials
- Bag in place of all contaminated materials before removal
- Antimicrobial Products to clean surfaces
- Sanding of hard surfaces
- Soda/Media Blasting
Maintaining a controlled environment once the cleanup and restoration have been completed is extremely important. Otherwise, mold colonies will reform. Our technicians can help with recommendations to avoid future mold situations occurring. These include:
- Maintain humidity levels as low as possible in the range of 30% to 50%
- Utilize AC and Dehumidifiers to control humidity.
- Ventilation of high-humidity areas with fans that exhaust outside, such as bathrooms, laundry, and kitchens
- Repair leaking roofs, windows, and plumbing immediately; Wipe up all moisture.
- Complete cleaning and drying after flooding, including removal of carpets, under pad, and absorbent materials such as drywall, to avoid mold growth.
- Avoid using carpets in bathrooms and basements exposed to high humidity and moisture.
Call SERVPRO of Helena & Great Falls for mold remediation services. We provide service to Helena and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (406) 458-6008.