Helena Residents Deserve Safe, Efficient Water Damage Cleanup
Have water damage in your Helena home? SERVPRO is prepared with restoration equipment and experienced technicians. Call us today!
Call SERVPRO 24/7 in Helena for Water Damage Restoration Assistance
Even with precautions in place, there can be times when your home or business sustains water damage. This could be a malfunctioning appliance, failing plumbing with a hidden water leak, burst pipes, or a significant water spill. Secondary damage and black mold growth are possible when you do not promptly address the water issue. SERVPRO is there whenever Helena property owners require assistance with water restoration, working to restore versus replace whenever possible. With our 24/7 availability, We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
You could face many common challenges in terms of water damage in Helena. SERVPRO features skilled water restoration technicians (WRT) who know how to adapt to meet such challenges based on each project. With our scalability and elite disaster response team, you can also look to us for sudden flood damage from storms and other disastrous events.
We are a Trusted Name in the Restoration Industry
Just a sampling of things that you can count on when you contact us for water removal services and restoration include:
- Rapid response times – we are available around the clock, all year long
- Reputation – we are a trusted name in the restoration industry
- Community – we are locally owned and operated with a vested interest in the greater Helena area
- Scalability – we are there for residential and commercial customers, regardless of the size and scope of the water damage restoration project
What Training Does a SERVPRO Technician Have?
To be successful with water damage calls requires a great deal of training in the science of drying, known as psychrometry. Our team members receive ongoing training in water mitigation, damage assessment, and all related areas as set forth by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Each team that heads out contains specialists in one or more of the following areas:
- Water damage restoration
- Advanced structural drying (ASD)
- Mitigation awareness
- Mold cleanup
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning
- Odor control and more
Never Wait When a Water-Related Emergency Happens
No matter the source of the water damage, water removal services must begin as soon as possible. Failing to do so could bring costly secondary damage or mold and mildew growth. SERVPRO arrives fast to start the assessment of the damage so we can select the best tools for the job. We have an extensive inventory of equipment at our warehouse, including:
- Water pumps and extractors scalable to each size and type of project
- Generators to ensure a power source should your electric supply become compromised
- Air movers and industrial-grade dehumidifiers to speed drying and restore relative humidity (RH)
- Air scrubbers with HEPA filtration to tackle musty odors and remove airborne particulates
- EPA-registered antimicrobial and cleaning agents
What About Contents that Come Into Contact With Water?
Our pack-out services help relocate affected contents for drying/cleaning or safe storage if you have contents or inventory impacted by water. Our specialized technicians carefully assess, sort, label, and list everything to ensure a paper trail for each item. Some items may get moved to staging areas or our warehouse for further cleaning, while others get packed up and moved out to reside in our climate-controlled warehouse during the restoration project. Moving items out to get stored helps free up space for our technicians to work.
SERVPRO is Here for Helena Commercial Properties Dealing with Water Damage
Water issues call for a prompt response, whether you have a small eatery or a large-scale manufacturing company. We are available for our area commercial customers to handle any size or type of water-related emergency so that you can feel confident your business does not miss a beat. Be sure to talk with us about developing your Emergency READY Profile (ERP) to prepare for an emergency on your commercial property!
SERVPRO of Helena & Great Falls is there whenever you require help with water damage. Request help online or give our customer care team a call at (406) 458-6008 for more details.
Fire Damage Restoration with Skilled Technicians in Helena
House fire cleanup in Helena starts when SERVPRO demolishes and removes non-salvageable materials. The first step in fire damage mitigation.
SERVPRO is Available in Helena 24/7 with Effective Fire Damage Restoration
Commercial and residential fires, while different, have many things in common. Any fire event creates challenges regarding smoke remediation and fire damage cleanup. If you have been through a recent fire on your Helena property, you deserve to get results fast in terms of cleanup and restoration. SERVPRO understands not only the basic principles of cleaning and repair but also brings innovative methods to each project we get called to address. We take the time necessary to do it right to get back to life as you knew it before the fire. With our fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT), your property will be “Like it never even happened.”
It is normal to become stressed and overwhelmed when starting the process of handling your fire damage in Helena. SERVPRO features IICRC-certified technicians who can work on assessing the damage as soon as first responders on the scene deem your property safe for entry. Our crew chief uses the findings from the inspection to select the best equipment and processes for the job, and we adjust as we go to achieve the best results. This includes scalability for our sizable commercial clients in the Greater Helena area.
What Everyone Should Know About the Impact of Fire Damage
- Fire affects more than just the materials burned
- Structural elements must get inspected for safety and integrity
- Smoke and soot residue infiltrate belongings and materials
- Water damage is often present due to the process of extinguishing the flames
- Multiple cleaning and restoration efforts might be required to achieve the best results
How Soon can SERVPRO Arrive to Begin House Fire Cleanup?
Fire impacts many areas, not just where it originated or spreads. Smoke particles are intrusive and often make their way throughout your home on air currents or your HVAC system. SERVPRO gets there fast, with our Green Fleet at your door within four hours of your initial contact with our customer care representatives. This allows us to start the assessment to begin removing unsalvageable materials and charred debris.
- Our technicians are trained and ready to handle fire-damaged homes and businesses, including immediate tarp-up and boarding services to protect your property during restoration.
- We select the proper solutions based on the layout of your home or business, the types of materials burned, and any unique challenges.
- SERVPRO smoke remediation involves handling the removal of soot residues and ash while having containment barriers in place to keep particles from getting tracked into unaffected areas of your property.
Industrial-Grade Tools and Equipment Make All the Difference
SERVPRO has access to an immense inventory of equipment in our warehouse, allowing us to select the correct number of pieces for any job we get called to. Some of the tools of the trade you may see us using during your fire damage restoration project include:
- Pumps and extractors to handle standing water from extinguishing the blaze
- Air scrubbers with HEPA filtration
- Hydroxyl generators and ozone technology
- Ultra-low volume (ULV) foggers
- Thermal fogging equipment
- Odor counteractant beads, granules, or pellets
Could Commercial Fire Restoration Save Time and Money?
As a business owner, you want to save time while remaining prudent about finances. Let the trained professionals handle everything for you rather than having your in-house maintenance team attempt DIY fire cleanup. Not only do we thoroughly inspect all areas for safety risks and possible hazards, but we have the manpower to get your restoration project completed in a fraction of the time. Ask us about putting together your Emergency READY Profile (ERP) to help you remain prepared in the future for any fire or water restoration needs!
When faced with fire and smoke damage, SERVPRO of Helena & Great Falls is available to help 24-hours a day. Call us at (406) 458-6008 or request assistance online.
Carefully Addressing Mold Damage Threats in Helena Properties
Regardless of which room is affected, complete mold damage remediation is essential. Contact SERVPRO for certified technicians and the right equipment
Mold Damage Cleanup and Restoration with SERVPRO in Helena Gets Results
Along with the water or moisture issues that brought it on, black mold can significantly impact your Helena property. Once you suspect mildew and mold development, it requires various actions, including remediation with detailed cleaning and repair. The threat to your property worsens the longer that possible microbial threats are unresolved, leading to the potential for costly secondary damage. The good news for area homeowners and businesses is that SERVPRO is available with a whole team of experienced mold remediation technicians that work to clean up the damage and mitigate loss. Once we get finished, your property will receive the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned seal of approval.
Why Call on SERVPRO with Suspected Mold Damage?
It is not usually not easy to recognize mold issues within your home or business. Should you suspect mold damage in Helena, it is recommended to call in the help of skilled professionals to begin the assessment and cleanup. SERVPRO understands the power of an active mold colony, and we have the best tools, methods, and IICRC-certified technicians to handle your project. In the meantime, the following things that you can look for that may be telling you mildew or black mold is present:
- Visible Patches – Carpeting, drywall, ceilings, and cabinet interiors may show visible signs of mold colonization. Mold comes in many forms, including black spots, fuzzy gray patches, or pink and green mold (often found in bathrooms near showers and tubs).
- Dampened Surfaces – Any surfaces located in areas of your home with excessive humidity or stay wet to the touch are prone to microbial growth.
- Musty Odors – The primary indicator that mold is developing will be musty, foul odors in certain areas of your home. This may include closets, kitchen or bathroom cabinetry where plumbing is located - around tubs, showers, toilets, etc.
Why Does Mold Damage Cause Destruction in My Home?
Many homeowners remain unaware that mold is developing until it has already taken hold. All mold needs the proper temperatures, humidity levels, and organic food sources to survive and thrive. Because some optimum food sources include drywall and wood particles, it can lead to substantial damage to your interior and even structural elements if not controlled.
SERVPRO Has Proven, Efficient, And Safe Mold Remediation Solutions
We arrive on your property to begin an assessment, mitigation, and cleanup. Containment barriers get put into place using poly sheeting and negative air pressure. This gets done to keep spores from traveling into unaffected areas of your home during mold cleanup. We also have to address mold spores on a surface level, including options such as:
- Surface cleaning – We have sporicidal solutions and chlorine products to help address active mold threats.
- Abrasive cleaning – In some instances, we have other mediums such as soda blasting to help remove surface mold without causing damage to the building materials.
- Mechanical actions – Our technicians may use sanding methods to remove a small surface layer from wood framing, often eliminating the need for removal and reconstruction.
- Controlled demolition – With the help of trusted area contractors, building materials deemed unsalvageable due to mold infestation get removed and replaced with all-new materials. In some instances, partial removal of drywall, flooring, carpeting, and other materials can help to lower your mold remediation costs.
We are Here for Both Residential and Commercial Mold Remediation Efforts
With our ability to scale to meet the needs of each customer, SERVPRO is there for small household mold infestations or more significant commercial properties. We get to work quickly to return your property to pre-mold condition, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Helena & Great Falls is here whenever you have issues with mold damage. We get there quickly and work safely and efficiently to get you results. Call us at (406) 458-6008 or request help online.
Why Should Homeowners Seek Professional Help When There’s Flood Damage in Their Homes?
Flooding quickly causes flood damage. Contact SERVPRO for water removal and remediation services.
A Professional Flood Restoration Team Helps Dry, Clean, and Disinfect Your Home in Great Falls
Addressing the consequences of floodwaters in your Great Falls home is a job for a professional crew. Recovering from a flood goes further than extracting water and wiping surfaces clean. Experienced water restoration technicians (WRT) can explain the importance of drying, disinfecting, and deodorizing your home following a flood. Whether your whole house is victim to the debris brought in by the flood or it's contained in just one area, rely on the experts for assistance.
In Great Falls, flood damage assistance is available through our SERVPRO crew. Call our 24/7 hotline to access a team of experts who train with industry leaders to provide high-quality remediation services. As we inspect your home to assess the damage, we focus on mitigating your loss and optimizing the resources available to bring your home back to mint condition. With industrial-grade equipment at our disposal, we arrive quickly and jump into action as soon as it is safe.
What is the Best Equipment to Address Flood Damage?
Our SERVPRO team not only has the latest in technology, but we also have the training and experience to use it. We can complete your home's restoration within a reasonable timeframe using an array of water-extracting, deodorizing, and disinfecting techniques. To do so, our staff may bring some of the following into your home:
- Truck-mounted and submersible pumps to extract large volumes of water
- Ultra-Low Volume Foggers to disseminate antimicrobial solutions
- Industrial dehumidifiers and air circulators to promote water evaporation
- Specialty equipment such as drying mats to address the drying of specific materials
Flooding is sometimes inevitable where you live, but how you react to it can make all the difference. When it happens, call SERVPRO of Helena & Great Falls at (406) 458-6008 and let our crew leave your residence "Like it never even happened."
How Can I Recover my Home After a Storm?
SERVPRO professionals are trained to handle all types of water damage.
Violent Weather Events Can Lead to Flood Damage in Your Helena Home. SERVPRO has Experience Controlling Water Intrusion after Storm Events
How Does Water Intrusion Affect a Property?
Flooding can cause severe harm to your Helena residence by bursting through doors or windows and migrating quickly through rooms. Water migration affects properties in two ways. The first is from direct contact with materials that absorb moisture and can warp, bleed, or distort. The second is by increasing the amount of water in an indoor environment's air. High levels of humidity, and the resulting condensation, can lead to expensive losses as well as wall and ceiling damages. Stopping the spread of standing water and bringing in controls to the humidity is essential to recovering your property after a flood event. SERVPRO technicians have extensive experience working with flooded properties and can implement an efficient drying method to mitigate further losses.
How quickly does floodwater damage a property?
Water begins to cause flood damage as soon as it enters your Helena home. While it may appear as though standing water remains in place, it rapidly increases indoor humidity while seeping into baseboards, wall cavities, or subfloors. The presence of moisture not only exerts pressure on the structure of your home through water weight but can also increase the chances of mold growth or condensation damage. Quick response within the first three days of flooding is vital to recovering the majority of losses in your property. SERVPRO operates twenty-four hours a day and can perform essential emergency mitigation to prevent flooding from causing irreversible harm.
How does water move through a home?
- Liquid flow occurs from plumbing malfunctions, groundwater flooding, roof leakages, and flash flooding and is commonly observed in properties with storm damages.
- Air movement occurs when bodies of water evaporate and enter into cracks, crevices, or cavities, causing water infiltration
- Capillary suction occurs when water moves into porous materials like upholstery or carpeting and spreads rapidly
- Vapor diffusion causes lower level flooding to affect upper levels without an appropriate vapor barrier installed
How does flooding affect ceilings, walls, and flooring?
Experience is central to efficient restoration. Water moves through materials differently, which can complicate drying or invalidate a stock drying method. SERVPRO technicians work in the local area, which gives us a first-hand understanding of the typical material construction of residential communities. Knowing the floor, ceiling, or wall assembly of a building helps us to understand where to look for moisture and what methods your home requires to dry efficiently. If water affects the first floor of your property and migrates to the basement or cellar, there may be a cavity in-between the two rooms. Drying each room individually without inspecting the ceiling cavity could lead to mold or water damage that reveals itself several days into restoration.
SERVPRO technicians use borescopes, moisture probes, and our knowledge of floor assembly to ensure the drying procedure takes into account your home's unique architecture.
What building materials absorb the most water during flooding?
- Carpeting, textiles, and upholstery can absorb large amounts of moisture in a short period
- Unfinished natural materials like the wood used in the frame of a building can become saturated with floodwaters
- Gypsum board, fiber-glass, or insulation
Are stone and masonry affected by water intrusion?
Concrete and bricks are semi-porous materials and can become adversely affected by water absorption. These materials typically take longer to absorb moisture. However, the resulting damage is much more severe than porous materials due to expansion or cracking. Drying concrete floors focuses on raising the temperature of the surface level to draw out moisture. Placing moisture sensors directly onto the surface of concretes can help SERVPRO technicians to ascertain how much water remains in the material and allows us to ensure floors are at low risk of damage after flood restoration.
When is it safe to return home after flooding?
Flooded properties can have severe structural issues as well as water contamination. SERVPRO conducts a walkthrough with you to inform you of the drying procedure and the outcomes of our restoration. After a walkthrough, it is safe for you to return to the property because it is thoroughly dry and safe from microbial infestation. Walkthroughs occur once mitigation is complete, and any damaged items or structure returns to their preloss condition.
Understanding your home's unique architecture and building materials is vital to performing a comprehensive restoration. Contact SERVPRO of Helena & Great Falls at (406) 458-6008 to mitigate losses.
What Can I Do to My Fire Damaged Kitchen in Helena?
The service crew from SERVPRO of Helena & Great Falls understand that fire accidents can strike any time of the day.
Experts from SERVPRO can Help Restore Your Fire Damaged House in Helena
It’s only a few days after your kitchen accidentally caught fire as you prepared dinner for your family in Helena. Although you could stop it before spreading to other parts of the house, the kitchen is still in disarray. Everything has soot, and the ceiling and walls in the house have blackened. A pungent smell that permeates the entire residence is unbearable.
What Help can Experts Offer to Restore Your Kitchen Back to Normal?
It may be hard to restore your fire-damaged kitchen in Helena to its previous condition. Luckily for the residents, SERVPRO technicians are always on standby to help families handle the situation “Like it never even happened.” In case of such an incident, the competent crew arrives promptly to mitigate the damage. All you do is take them through the affected area as they evaluate the extent of the damage.
How do Technicians Mitigate Fire Damage?
After assessing the damage, the crew assembles the necessary equipment to start work immediately. Our team will do the following things to return your kitchen or the entire house to the comfort it had before.
- Cleaning the structures – All the walls, floors, ceilings, and other structural items are first cleaned
- Cleaning the contents – The crew checks out what can be restored and cleans those items. This can include things like sooty items in the kitchen
- Removing off-odors – Our technicians will not just mask the pungent odor but will eliminate it completely using molecular-level solvent deodorizers
What is Outstanding About our Fire Damage Professionals?
Apart from helping you restore order to your burnt-up kitchen, our team of professionals has much more to offer. They can help you with insurance claims for items that cannot be restored. Our techs handle fire-damaged homes with dignity, respect, and professionalism.
How can I Reach out to the Experts in Case of a Fire Emergency?
The service crew from SERVPRO of Helena & Great Falls understands fire accidents can strike any day. As such, they are ready to come to your rescue on a 24-hour basis. Call (406) 458-6008 for expert cleaning and restoration if you face a fire outbreak or any fire-related damage.
Why Is Drying So Vital After Mold Damage?
Don’t let you home become a moldy oldy. Call SERVPRO to remediate your mold damage.
SERVPRO Helps Prevent Mold Regrowth
Mold spreads quickly throughout your home. One patch of mold can easily produce microscopic spores that enter the air and drift throughout your house, looking for a new place to set up camp.
SERVPRO understands that we cannot wholly prevent mold from returning when it comes to mold damage in Great Falls homes. The fungus is always present in nature, meaning it can continually re-enter your home.
However, we can make it harder for mold to regrow, and one way to do that is by thoroughly drying the affected area. Mold needs several things to grow: an organic food source, the correct temperature, and moisture. Our drying process includes:
- Regular and accurate readings so we can assess the situation.
- A professional drying plan tells us where to place fans and air movers for maximum effect.
- Use of dehumidifiers to reduce air moisture levels.
Our IICRC trained techs can dry the walls and floors, behind baseboards, crawl spaces and attics, and even personal belongings such as furniture and linens.
For professional mold damage help, call SERVPRO of Helena & Great Falls at (406) 458-6008.
SERVPRO Can Remediate Mold Damage in Helena Homes
Mold can quickly spread from a tiny spot to a full infestation covering up an entire wall. Stay vigilant and contact SERVPRO 24/7.
Removing Mold Damage in Several Ways
Mold is one of the more complex and challenging damage conditions homes might face in their lifetime, specifically because of how many remediation solutions exist. The choice in ideal mold removal tactics gets linked with several factors like the condition of the hosting materials, the severity of the infestation, and the accessibility of the damaged areas.
Is Surface Cleaning Best for Remediation?
Mold damage in Helena properties can sometimes be removed using surface cleaning strategies. When the infestation remains in the outermost layer of hosting materials and does not yet penetrate beyond this exterior shell, the application and agitation of sporicidal agents can be effective. Antimicrobial products can eliminate spores and organisms and provide a barrier for the affected material to ward off additional mold colonies.
Abrasive and Aggressive Mold Removal
As much as we prefer non-invasive strategies for remediation like surface cleaning, this is not always sufficient for the severity of the present problem. In many cases, prolonged exposure to active colonies leaves the hosting materials needing more aggressive and abrasive cleaning methods to penetrate beyond the outermost surface layer for effective mold removal. Media blasting is an efficient approach that incorporates pressurized air or water combined with media like:
- Dry ice
- Baking Soda
- Crushed Walnuts
- Corn Cobs
Can The Materials Be Preserved and Cleaned?
It is important to assess the condition of all impacted materials to see what options, such as heavily degraded drywall, might not be worth saving. Controlled demolition is the most direct method of mold remediation available. We carefully manage handling contaminated materials to prevent cross-contamination when this mold removal approach is necessary.
Mold does not have to be a long-standing threat to your home or business. Give our SERVPRO of Helena & Great Falls team a call today to help at (406) 458-6008.
Best Practices in Helena to Handle Water Removal
When dealing with water damage, it is best to call in the experts early. Our SERVPRO team is standing by 24/7 ready to help your home.
SERVPRO Has Certified Water Damage Technicians to Ensure Your Water Removal Job Moves Quickly!
Do you have water pouring into your Helena home from burst pipes in the middle of the night? It would help if you remain prepared by having a team ready to tackle your emergency services water damage needs. By keeping SERVPRO’s number handy, you can count on a 24/7 response that will help you to get your property restored faster.
Water removal in Helena involves a lot more than extracting standing water. Removing all hidden moisture that may have developed due to water migration is critical. SERVPRO technicians know how to follow the path of migration into nooks and crannies so that you do not have costly secondary damage or the onset of mildew and mold. With our detailed cleaning and sanitizing with EPA-registered products, you can rest assured that we do everything we can to eliminate the potential health effects that can arise if mold develops.
Take the Following Steps Until We Arrive:
- Try to stop the source of the water
- Use towels or blankets to keep water from moving into other rooms
- If you possess a wet/dry vacuum, try to pull up as much water as possible
- Turn on ceiling fans or box fans to circulate air
Once SERVPRO Arrives, We Will:
- Scope the scene to formulate our assessment
- Develop a course of action for water clean up
- Begin extraction and drying measures
- Determine if controlled demolition is necessary
- Finish the job with detailed sanitization and deodorization
Water removal and water damage repairs handled by SERVPRO of Helena & Great Falls will get you the best result – guaranteed! Call us at (406) 458-6008.
Fire Damage Does Not Have to Break the Bank in Great Falls
Whether the fire damage in your home is large or small, team SERVPRO can help. Our certified team has the equipment to tackle the situation.
SERVPRO Handles Fire Restoration Fast to Limit Secondary Damage and Costs at Your Great Falls Property
The thought of having to restore your Great Falls home after a fire can be frightening and overwhelming. However, fires happen when you least expect them, and it is the way you act that counts most. SERVPRO has IICRC-certified fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT) who ensure fire damaged homes get cleaned up quickly.
Fire damage in Great Falls can occur due to unattended stovetop cooking, faulty wiring, human error, and more. The good news is that SERVPRO adjusts cleaning methods and techniques accordingly to achieve the best results with water & fire damage restorations regardless of the cause.
SERVPRO helps with:
- Stubborn fire and smoke damage
- Removal of charred debris during house fire clean up
- Odor control and smoke remediation
- Powerful air scrubber equipment to improve indoor air quality (IAQ) throughout the restoration
- Controlled demolition, as needed
As mentioned above, odor control is a significant factor during fire damage restoration. Odorous particles move throughout the home, even into unaffected zones. Our deodorization process may include one or more of the following measures:
- Confined space ventilation with the help of air movers, HEPA air filtration, or box fans to battle trapped odor particles.
- Elimination of odors found in restrictive places with the help of activated oxygen units--ozone machines.
- Fumigation with the help of ultra-low volume fogger technology (ULV).
You deserve a rapid response with proven methods to handle the fire damage in your home. Our crew here at SERVPRO of Helena & Great Falls is ready and available to get to work 24/7. Call us at (406) 458-6008 to dispatch our Green Fleet.